A.T. Still Memorial Library: Celebrating 100 years of service to ATSU 1922-2022
History Note: week of January 3rd
September 20, 1922, seven hundred persons assembled in the auditorium on the upper floor of the new building (formerly the A.T. Still College of Osteopathy and Surgery (ATSCOS), now called Couts Learning Center) to dedicate the new school. " Located to the west of the lobby were the president's suite and the A.T. Still Memorial Library..."
In 1924, ATSCOS closed its doors and merged with the American School of Osteopathy (now A.T. Still University.) The libraries were combined, keeping the name A.T. Still Memorial Library.
History Note: week of January 17th
In the 1932-33 school year, changes to the administration building (now the Cout's Learning Center) saw the A.T. Still Memorial Library moving from its first-floor location to a more prominent place on the second floor of the building.
Image: The Osteoblast Yearbook
History Note: week of February 14th
Between 1941-1942 the Library contained approximately 4,000 volumes, seating for 56, several hundred bones, two skeletons, charts, spectroscopic views, and current medical and osteopathic journals.
History Note: week of March 1st
Georgia Walter, BS, (seated) was the Librarian for the A.T. Still Memorial Library from 1969 to 1986
History Note: week of April 13th
Graduation at A.T. Still College of Osteopathy and Surgery
Class exercises for the graduating class of the A.T. Still College of Osteopathy and Surgery were held on May 16, 1924
"A year ago at this time, the graduating class presented the school with a token which we all appreciated. It was a pledge that each member would contribute ten dollars for a year for five years for some useful purpose. We decided that the contributions of the class of 1923 should be used for the library purposes."
Journal of Osteopathy, 1924 June, Vol. XXXI No. 6