The Medical Safety Training Videos are a collection of thirteen training videos from MEDCOM which are designed to train nurses and other healthcare professionals in various safety skills. These videos are available to all ATSU faculty, staff, and students and can fulfill OSHA, BBP, HIPAA and COVID-19 training requirements
Descriptions of subscribed courses are below. Additional courses that can be licensed are found at https://www.medcomrn.com/nursece/. Contact the library if any other course is desired. Take note - you must use the Portal access to be able to login to your account and access ATSU's courses, but the above link will show you unsubscribed courses.
Access Information :
User and Program instructions are available on the Logging On page, found in the left-hand menu.
If you are on the Medical Safety Videos homepage and are experiencing issues with links not working, please check your pop-up blocker settings.
1. WM534-T Coronavirus (COVID-19): What Every Healthcare Worker Must Know (2 hours CE)
With COVID-19 drastically affecting the Post-Acute and Acute healthcare settings, MedCom is providing a specific course for Healthcare workers on how to safeguard themselves and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
11. VIDM273A-T Preventing Bloodborne Infections: Bloodborne Viruses (w/Video) (0.5 hours CE)
An introduction to bloodborne infections and an overview of three common bloodborne viruses—HIV, HBV and HCV—is presented, including common transmission routes inside and outside health care settings.
12. VIDM273C-T Preventing Bloodborne Infections: Engineering Controls and Workplace Practice Controls (w/Video) (0.5 hours CE)
An overview of Occupational Safety and Health Administration mandated changes in engineering controls, or medical equipment, and work practice controls in preventing the transmission of bloodborne pathogens.
13. VIDM273B-T Preventing Bloodborne Infections: Preventing Transmission, Protecting Yourself (w/Video) (0.5 hours CE)
An overview on preventing the transmission of bloodborne infections such as HIV, HBV and HCV is presented, including ways nurses can protect themselves in the health care setting.
4. VIDM224TA-T HIPAA for Healthcare Workers: An Overview (w/Video) (0.5 hours CE)
An overview of Titles I and II of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), with descriptions of the five rules of Title II that impact health care workers.
5. VIDM224TB-T HIPAA for Healthcare Workers: The Privacy Rule (w/Video) (0.5 hours CE)
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA, reinforces healthcare workers' attention to patient confidentiality. Everyone who comes in contact with the patient or has access to patient records is responsible for maintaining patient confidentiality.
6. VIDM224TC-T HIPAA for Healthcare Workers: The Security Rule (w/Video) (0.5 hours CE)
A description of the security rule of the administrative simplification section of Title II of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and its relevance for nurses.
2. VID78813-T Fire Safety in Healthcare Facilities (w/Video) (0.5 hours Non-CE)
Covers safety precautions for fire safety procedures in healthcare facilities.
3. 54VIDA2561-T Hazard Communication: Material Safety Data Sheets (w/Video) (0.5 hours Non-CE)
OSHA approved training for material safety data sheets (MSDSs) also referred to as safety data sheets.
7. VID78800B-T Pain Management: Pharmacological Treatment & Classification of Pain (w/Video) (0.5 hours CE)
This course introduces pharmacological agents and the stages of the classification of pain.
8. VID78800C-T Pain Management: Physical and Cognitive Treatment (w/Video) (0.5 hours CE)
This course introduces the physical treatment approaches and cognitive behavior approaches to pain management.
9. VID78800A-T Pain Management: The Pain Process & Patient Assessment (w/Video) (0.5 hours CE)
This course includes the pathology of pain, the components of the nociceptive process, the neuropathic pain, the personal experience of pain, the effects of pain, the assessment of pain, guidelines for successful pain management, and the outcomes of successful pain management.
10. VID78800D-T Pain Management: Treatment for Special Populations (w/Video) (0.5 hours CE)
This course introduces pain management for unconscious patients, pain management for cognitively impaired patients, pain management for patients who deny or under-report pain, pain management for patients who refuse pain relief, and pain management for geriatric patients.