What's your favorite app?
Lynn McAlister, a KCOM student, graciously put together a list of apps used by current students. What are we missing?
Welcome from the Distance Support Librarian & ETDC Missouri Contact!
Hello! The role of Margaret Hoogland, Distance Support Librarian and Missouri ETDC Contact for the ATSU Kirksville Campus, is to assist faculty, staff, students, and administration by improving communication and encouraging the use of library resources and technology in the classroom. Below are some examples of what a Distance Support Librarian does:
- Test out new technology for possible insertion into Blackboard courses
- Guide faculty, staff, and administrators on using new software programs for projects, presentations, and much more
- Perform searches in databases on research areas of interest for faculty members
- Provide suggestions for individuals, who are doing searches but not getting satisfactory results
- Demonstrate how to use technology during Departmental Meetings and Colloqiums
- Determine why technology is not working properly for faculty, staff, students, and administrators not present on the Kirksville Campus
- Make short video tutorials to clarify points or explain confusing topics to students
- Create customized documents to address needs presented by your class on library resources
- Work with faculty, staff, and administrators to develop activities or embellish current activities to include greater use of library resources
- Develop a specific webpage for your courses with links to relevant library resources
- Have a librarian discussion board, wiiki, or blog to discuss library resources or answer questions from students in Blackboard courses
- Other activities or roles not mentioned above that would be of use to you
- Create planned chats via Elumniate or Parachat with the librarian for you or your students to learn about relevant software and get questions answered
If you are unable to work during normal library hours, email her and she will plan around your schedule regardless of time zone.
Emails are monitored and responded to accordingly during non-work hours, weekends, and on holidays. Typical response time on weekends is within 48 hours.
I look forward to working with each and everyone of you! If you have suggestions or ideas for how to improve library services or ways that I can change my working style or duties to meet your individual needs, just let me know.
Suggestions for the Library (websites, software,...)
Missouri Contact for ETDC & Distance Support
1 (866) 626-2878 ext. 2340 or (660) 626-2340
Introducing the Site Index!
Are you looking for something quickly? Maybe you found it somewhere, but cannot remember exactly where it was? Check out the Site Index for the library webpage.