Registration Today for the 2013 ATSU Fall Fitness Challenge!
Starting on August 26th through Midnight Arizona Time of December 31st, members of both campuses will join teams to compete and earn mileage by exercising.
If this interests you, click here to register. Registration can take place at any time. Be sure to select a team and stick with that team for the duration of the challenge!
Arizona Point People - Mykel Estes, Mellissa Eisenmann, Jeff Alexander
Missouri Point People - Dan Martin, David Owens, Lynda Crossgrove
Changes in the Library
Welcome from the Distance Support Librarian & ETDC Missouri Contact!
Hello! The role of Margaret Hoogland, Distance Support Librarian and Missouri ETDC Contact for the ATSU Kirksville Campus, is to assist faculty, staff, students, and administration by improving communication and encouraging the use of library resources and technology in the classroom. Below are some examples of what a Distance Support Librarian does:
- Test out new technology for possible insertion into Blackboard courses
- Guide faculty, staff, and administrators on using new software programs for projects, presentations, and much more
- Perform searches in databases on research areas of interest for faculty members
- Provide suggestions for individuals, who are doing searches but not getting satisfactory results
- Demonstrate how to use technology during Departmental Meetings and Colloqiums
- Determine why technology is not working properly for faculty, staff, students, and administrators not present on the Kirksville Campus
- Make short video tutorials to clarify points or explain confusing topics to students
- Create customized documents to address needs presented by your class on library resources
- Work with faculty, staff, and administrators to develop activities or embellish current activities to include greater use of library resources
- Develop a specific webpage for your courses with links to relevant library resources
- Have a librarian discussion board, wiiki, or blog to discuss library resources or answer questions from students in Blackboard courses
- Other activities or roles not mentioned above that would be of use to you
- Create planned chats via Elumniate or Parachat with the librarian for you or your students to learn about relevant software and get questions answered
If you are unable to work during normal library hours, email her and she will plan around your schedule regardless of time zone.
Emails are monitored and responded to accordingly during non-work hours, weekends, and on holidays. Typical response time on weekends is within 48 hours.
I look forward to working with each and everyone of you! If you have suggestions or ideas for how to improve library services or ways that I can change my working style or duties to meet your individual needs, just let me know.
Suggestions for the Library (websites, software,...)
Missouri Contact for ETDC & Distance Support
1 (866) 626-2878 ext. 2340 or (660) 626-2340